Search This Blog

Sunday, February 28, 2016

             There is a lot to be excited about if you are a Denver Sports fan. Of course the seemingly disappointing Broncos have won the big game and ranked #1 in Defense, Nuggets are looking more like a team that will compete towards the end of the season and into the future. I absolutely love every team in this great state with all my heart, Throughout my life time Denver has won 3 SB's, I have watched Anthony, Iverson, Billups, Elway, Manning, Sakic, Patrick Roy and my most favorite of all time Terrell Davis. There where the impactful great moments, all the championships/Titles. And seemingly more common low moments, which we don't talk about much. I am part of a young generation who has grown up loving these teams no matter what they're position was on the rankings, watched games no matter how bad and no matter how low the moment seemed. Fortunately this is a time when I can raise m head high as a Fan of this great city, state and even more the incredible teams that chose this city.

Denver Broncos:

             Starting off with the team that has brought me the most joy and excitement over the last couple years, That is of course the Broncos. They have done everything possible to please their fans, from winning games, to making the trades and picking up the players necessary to bring Denver a Championship. Myself am very optimistic about this offseason, I believe they will secure key free agents on their team such as Von Miller and Brock Osweiler and hopefully a few pickups from other teams. It seems they're a few weak spots they may be able to fill up such as OG, RB, QB,TE and LB. They should be able to put the franchise tag on the new "Face of the Franchise" Von Miller, but he may search for newer water with a little more to offer. There are many other players who will be coming and going, but from what I've learned the last couple years is that the organization will make the best moves possible for the team, and will hopefully be able to match the greatness of this seasons achievements.

Denver Nuggets:
           
            Next one is my favorite team to watch and they simply fascinate me, for they have a great future if they wish and they've have a great past, this team is of course the Nuggets. My family has deeply loved the nuggets since before they even moved here, they have a way of playing that is just fun and energetic. They're is a lot to be said for the Nuggets and this season. To start off, I maybe fairly optimistic but I believe they have a great future up and coming. With a new coach who seems to have grip of the league and how to gain the trust and ability to control players who are on the path to stardom. Some may question the skill and attitude of players such as Mudiay, Harris, Nurkic and Yokic but they are the future of the team and are key to success. They also made a couple acquisitions this trade deadline which I personally believe where great, such as DJ Augustin who will bring a new hardworking attitude that will hopefully pass on to the young players, also Jakarr Sampson who will be a big part of this team if they allow it. As for how I feel about the rest of the season, I am optimistic, I believe they will finish strong, hopefully with a few win streaks that could lead to a playoff birth. This would be very big for Nuggets fans, turning them back into a playoff contender would bring back fans and fill up the stadium. This team is really interesting, with a lot of great potential to go big.

            As for the rest of the news in sports around Colorado, the Rockies will start spring training soon, and are looking to be able to rest up some injured played for the upcoming season. As for the Avalanche they are holding their record above .500 at 32-28-4 and are looking for a good stand at the end of the season to boost them into playoff contention. There is a lot going on in the world of sports in Colorado, and with the coming of spring they're will be a lot more to discuss and write about. Check in and see what is new with your favorite teams, and please leave a comment or share the page.

 Go Nuggs!
            

            

3 comments:

  1. Jonah,
    I am a huge Broncos fan, along with everyone else in Colorado, especially right now! I remember the first time I went to a game at Mile High, it was when Tim Tebow was our quarterback and he had gotten us to the AFC West Championship game, this was in 2011, and it was the best game to go to. We went into overtime against the Steelers and on the first play of OT Tim Tebow threw an 80-yard touchdown pass to Demaryus Thomas for the win. It was incredible, we were in the south stands and everyone went nuts, I got a picture and a video of everyone losing it. It was so much fun and I will always remember that game. Sports, especially football, brings people together, which is one of the reasons I love it. I'm interested in what you think about Peyton Manning and his upcoming decision regarding retirement, do you think he'll go for one more season? A lot of people are saying he'll retire now because he just won the Super Bowl and it's better to go out on top, but Peyton loves football so much it'll be interesting to see what his decision is. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jonah,
    I am not a HUGE sports fan but I do keep track of it due to my family. This was very interesting to read so far I can't wait to read more.
    -Quinn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jonah!!

    Good read. I'm not much of a hockey guy as you know, nor am I big on football in the off season so I'm going to respond to the nuggets section. Like you, I also believe the Nuggets have a bright future. However, I think that their roster could get shaken up a bit. For example, DJ, and Mike miller both have expiring contracts (pretty big ones at that) so while its possible that they try and resign DJ, I believe they will go after a verteran or two. I also believe that with the emergence of Jokic, the manimal could be on the trade block this offseason. Keep it up man, as always I love talking sports with ya.

    Dillon

    ReplyDelete